Foundation North continues to be a signatory to the United Nation’s Principles for Responsible Investment (UNPRI).
As a responsible member of the world community, the Foundation signed up to the UNPRI in 2008, adopting the principles as a way to demonstrate leadership by advancing universal principles and responsible corporate citizenship to make the global economy more sustainable and inclusive.
The Foundation believes that environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) issues can affect the performance of investment portfolios. The UNPRI provides a common framework to assist investors in considering and integrating ESG issues into their investment processes.
Foundation North has agreed that, over time, it will apply the following principles:
- Incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes
- Be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into its ownership policies and practices
- Seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which it is invested
- Promote acceptance and implementation of the principles within the investment industry
- Work together with other signatories to enhance its effectiveness in implementing the principles
- Report on its activities and progress towards implementing the principles.