Foundation North’s primary focus is the health and safety of our people, and the communities of Auckland and Northland who we serve.
Although the likelihood of a widespread outbreak is expected to remain low, we are following the advice of the Ministry of Health who are able to share the latest information on a range of topics from travel to holding public events and mass gatherings.
Advice to date indicates individuals should be vigilant with personal hygiene and avoid people with cold or flu symptoms. This includes:
- covering coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or clothing, or coughing/sneezing into your elbow
- disposing of used tissues appropriately in a bin
- washing hands with soap and water and drying them thoroughly or using hand sanitiser.
Our work, and the work of those we support, involves being together in groups and attending meetings/events. At this stage, the Ministry of Health is not recommending any changed approach to holding events. However, Foundation North is following the Ministry’s advice to focus on:
- reminding staff and visitors to our premises not to attend if they are feeling unwell
- reminding staff and visitors to our premises not to attend if they have been in or transited through countries and areas of concern
- ensuring our emergency management plan is up to date
- briefing our staff on how to practice good hygiene and making it easy for staff and visitors to practice good hygiene.
Foundation North staff regularly visit with individuals and groups in the community, and staff and trustees attend special events including mass gatherings. As an additional precaution, we are respectfully seeking assurance from meeting/event organisers that they are also following Ministry of Health advice in relation to hosting such events.
There is a dedicated Healthline COVID-19 number for those needing further advice and information - 0800 358 5453.
Click here for information about COVID-19 in different languages.