We will be keeping our communities informed, as best we can in these fast-changing times, on ways we are working through the impacts of Novel Coronavirus/COVID-19.
Stay informed - stay safe
The New Zealand Government posts all information for the public on https://covid19.govt.nz/. Remind yourself of the alert level system and remember there is a press session daily from the Government and the Ministry of Health which updates on the status and alert level for COVID-19 in New Zealand. Official media outlets cover this.
How Foundation North is responding
Date revised: Wednesday 20 October 2021
On this page we would like to share what the team at Foundation North is doing to ensure our mahi can, and will, continue as we all deal with the fast-changing COVID-19 situation.
Alert Level 3 - Auckland, parts of Waikato; Alert Level 2 - rest of NZ
We continue to adhere to Ministry of Health guidelines.
Here is how we will operate across our rohe:
- the Foundation North office in 50 Ponsonby Road, Grey Lynn, Auckland is closed until further notice
- our Auckland-based staff are working remotely, and face-to-face meetings will be replaced by online meetings
- at Alert Level 2 our staff working outside of Auckland will continue to work from home, will hold most hui online and conduct any in-person hui in accordance with MOH guidelines.
We’re here for support and we’re going through this with you.
We know to expect change, and that we need to continue listening to our communities.
- Our granting continues and we are able to operate without interruption
- Our funding pathways are open and responsive to community needs
- Plans and projects change and that’s OK, let us know – we can help with that
- Our funding strategy is the right one and designed for times like this
Our grants response
Foundation North has released an allocation of funds to ensure we can respond to organisations that are supporting people, whānau and communities impacted by COVID-19. We are proactively reaching out via our networks across the region to make sure that organisations working to respond to COVID-19 are supported to meet the immediate and emergent needs of our communities.
Contact us by phone
Check back regularly on this webpage or our social media channels for updates.
Contacting us by post
During lockdown our post will not be delivered to the office, and we are only able to accept electronic documents.
For more information about submitting invoices/statements and other finance queries please call
We are here to help
What about my current Foundation North grant? Or if I have a request under assessment?
Foundation North continues to take the approach of listening, learning and responding – so please do reach out and let us know about how we can assist.
Please contact an Advisor at the Foundation via firstname.lastname@example.org or
- your organisation has a current ‘live’ grant from the Foundation and COVID-19 is affecting how you are using that grant
- your organisation has a request under assessment and you wish to amend or withdraw the request
- you have any questions about our funding strategy
The Centre for Social Impact has updated their report outlining Government and Philanthropic funding support available in response to COVID-19: read more here
We all hope that you and your whānau stay safe and well. We’ll keep in touch if we have further information to share.
Kia kaha, kia maia, kia manawanui
Be strong, be brave, be steadfast