Stay informed - stay safe
The New Zealand Government posts all information for the public on https://covid19.govt.nz/. Remind yourself of the alert level system (alternate languages: Te Reo Māori, Chinese), and remeber there is a press session daily from the Government and the Ministry of Health which updates on the status and alert level for COVID-19 in New Zealand. Official media outlets cover this.
Multi-lingual fact sheets, what you need to know:
All translated materials related to the COVID-19 pandemic are available here.
Alternative COVID-19 Funding Pathways
Download a list from the Centre for Social Impact website here.
Download a list of useful external COVID-19 resources here.
How Foundation North is responding
Date revised: Monday 31 August 2020
On this page we would like to share what the team at Foundation North is doing to ensure our mahi can, and will, continue as we all deal with the fast-changing COVID-19 situation.
Alert Level '2.5' - Auckland Region
Alert Level 2 - Northland & the rest of Aotearoa
Foundation North continues to operate with an abundance of caution to safeguard its people and the communities of Tāmaki Makaurau and Tai Tokerau that we serve.
We continue to adhere to Ministry of Health guidelines.
Here is how we will operate across our rohe:
- the Foundation North office in Ponsonby, Auckland will be closed from 12 August until further notice and staff will work from home
- staff who normally make use of shared office space at Te Haa o Manukau, or who occasionally work from Northland, will work from home
Foundation North remains open for business more or less as usual.
- our Funding team is working remotely, and continues work to support you as needed
- we continue to stay open for funding requests
- we continue to take a flexible and responsive approach to meet community needs and aspirations
- we continue to fund to strategy
While we won’t be holding any face to face meetings, we are still available for any funding-related support via phone 0800 272 878, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Check back regularly on this webpage or our social media channels for updates.
We are here to help
What about my current Foundation North grant? Or if I have a request under assessment?
Foundation North continues to take the approach of listening, learning and responding – so please do reach out and let us know about how we can assist.
Please contact an Advisor at the Foundation via email@example.com or 0800 272 878 if:
- your organisation has a current ‘live’ grant from the Foundation and COVID-19 is affecting how you are using that grant
- your organisation has a request under assessment and you wish to amend or withdraw the request
- you have any questions about our funding strategy
We all hope that you and your whānau stay safe and well. We’ll keep in touch if we have further information to share.
Kia kaha, kia maia, kia manawanui
Be strong, be brave, be steadfast
Latest actions from Foundation North in response to COVID-19.
Friday 3 April 2020
News Update: Pathways to support - our grants response to organisations impacted by COVID-19.
Resources list published on this page.
Tuesday 24 March 2020
News Update: Working differently to slow the spread - how Foundation North is operating and responding going into Alert Level 4.
Wednesday 18 March 2020
We continue to follow Ministry of Health guidelines and are operating with an abundance of caution to protect our people and the communities of Auckland and Northland who we serve.
Read the full newsletter to our communities including:
- engaging with communities
- looking after our people
- being prepared
Thursday 5 March 2020
News Update: Health & Safety Notice published detailing approach and advice for safeguarding health and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic.