Quick Response Grants
A decision is given within 2 months of receiving a complete funding request.
Quick Response Grants (QRG) have streamlined processes that see grants working in communities as quickly as possible.
There are no closing dates for QRG, and we will endeavour to give a response within two months of receiving a funding request accepted for assessment.
Focus area alignment
To be considered for a Quick Response Grant, your application must align to one of the focus areas that Foundation North wants to contribute to.
Tap on a Focus Area to learn more:
Increased EquityHāpai te ōritetanga
Equity means that everyone in society is valued the same and has the same access to opportunities. An equitable society is one that is fair, without bias and where all people can thrive on their own terms.
We want to improve equity in our communities now and for future generations.
We do this by supporting priority communities across our region to decide what they need, lead their own solutions and achieve their hopes and dreams.
Our priority communities are Māori and Pacific Peoples, as well as the wider communities of Northland and South Auckland. We also prioritise solutions that place children and young people at the centre.
We support activity that will lead to:
- Thriving tamariki, rangatahi and whānau
- Improved equity and wellbeing as Māori and as Pacific peoples
- Communities leading their own solutions and changing systems
- Tangata whenua as partners in decision making
- Māori and Pacific languages and cultures thriving
Regenerative EnvironmentWhakahou taiao
A regenerative environment approach supports a deeper understanding of the relationship between people and Te Taiao (the environment).
We support joined-up approaches to conserving, restoring and renewing the environment so that Te Taiao and people can flourish together. Initiatives proposed by tangata whenua are our priority.
We support activity that will lead to:
- Ecosystems and communities being renewed and regenerated
- Mātauranga Māori (indigenous knowledge, practices and approaches) being recognised, valued and implemented
- Tino rangatiratanga – community-led action for Te Taiao
- Connection and access to Te Taiao
Community SupportHāpori awhina
Participation in positive activities improves community wellbeing.
We will support activity that will lead to:
- Communities coming together and social connection
- Access to and participation in community activities and spaces
- Increased skills and creativity
- Community pride
- Community resilience
Things to note
- If a grant is approved, it may take a further four weeks to receive payment.
- We only assess complete applications. A complete application means all questions in the organisation profile and application form are fully answered and all required documents are uploaded.
- If you are successful in receiving funding then you are not eligible to receive a grant again for 12 months from the date of approval.
- Restrictions on public gatherings and events exist at all COVID-19 Alert Levels - refer to Ministry of Health guidelines . You may be required to supply confirmation that your project/event adheres to the guidelines of the time.
There are no closing dates for QRG so your request can be submitted at any time. We aim to give a response within two months of receiving a complete funding request.
If you are concerned about when you might receive your grant (if successful), please call a member of the funding team on
0800 272 878,option 3.
QRG – We aim to give a response within two months of receiving a complete funding request.
CG – We aim to give a response within five months of receiving a complete funding request.
We will send an email to the primary contact to advise that a decision letter has been uploaded to your Funding Hub.
Useful Guides are available on our website to help applicants make a complete QRG or CG funding request. Each guide takes applicants through:
- things to consider before you apply
- how we assess a funding request
- questions our funding request forms ask and the type of answers we are looking for
- documents to submit and the assessment process
No. If you are successful in receiving funding then you are not eligible to receive a grant again for 12 months.
Funding Advisors are available on the telephone Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm to answer queries and provide assistance with your funding request – call
0800 272 878, option 3.Funding Advisors may contact you for further information or to arrange a meeting to discuss your funding request.
Our funding opportunities