We have Community Grants available for over $25,000.
Community Grants help community organisations with larger funding needs, and can be multi-year grants.
Please note: if you are applying for more than $100,000 you must first discuss your application with a Foundation North funding advisor - call (09) 360 0291 or 0800 272 878.
There are no closing dates, and we will endeavour to give a response within four months of receiving a completed application. (See Timeframes below).
To be considered for a Community Grant, your application must align to at least one of the outcomes Foundation North wants to contribute to. Although applications for Community Grants do not have to be aligned to one of our priority areas, those that do will be considered more favourably. To read about the outcomes and priorities that the Foundation aims to support go here.
To check if your organisation can apply for a Community Grant go here.
For more information on applying for a grant visit our Useful Guides page.
We don’t have closing dates for funding applications, but here is some information to help you plan.
We have four Grants Committee meetings a year. The timeframes are a guide to when we’d recommend your application should be submitted, if you want your application to be considered at a particular meeting.
- To be considered at the April 2019 Grants Committee, we recommend you submit your completed application by end-January 2019.
- To be considered at the July 2019 Grants Committee, we recommend you submit your completed application by end of April 2019.
- To be considered at the November 2019 Grants Committee, we recommend you submit your completed application by end-July 2019.
- To be considered at the March 2020 Grants Committee, we recommend you submit your completed application by early November 2019.
Please visit our useful guides page for more information on our criteria.
- Your application must be complete by the timeframes above.
- A complete application means all questions in the organisation and application form are fully answered and required documents are uploaded.
- If you are applying for a grant towards an event, you are encouraged to submit your completed application at least six months before the event date.
- If you are applying for a grant of more than $100,000, you must speak to an Advisor at least six months before you submit your completed application.
- Organisations are eligible for one grant in per 12 month period. We look at the 'grant period' as 12 months from the date of approval of the grant. This means your next application can be submitted within the 12 month period, as long as the decision timeframe aligns with the 12 month period. For example, if you received a grant in April 2018, you can submit an application by the end of January 2019 and expect a decision in April 2019.
Please ring us if you have any questions about these timeframes.